Friday, August 15, 2008

Recycled Fashion.. The fun continues

Yes I am at it again. I started playing with more military uniforms and I wanted to show them off. This first one is a sling/shoulder bag and I think it turned out pretty cute. It has an elongated body with a fixed twisted strap and cuff closure. Definite conversation starter! I also used some left over Amy Butler fabric in the lacework print. Below are pictures showing how the cuff can be opened and closed to secure the contents of the bag. I listed the bag at $15.95 usd + shipping. If you click the image above you can see more views and measurements.

I also made a butterfly print cuff. Not quite reversible as I am unsure how you would button it up... none the less it is still cool in my eyes =) It is available for sale in my Etsy shop. Clicking the image will take you right to the listing!
and another handbag. This one is my favorite style. I am going to make more of these!! This one however is not for sale. You see it isn't up to my sellable standards. It has very noticeable stitching and a mistake in the handle... I love it just the same. I use it as my personal handbag. I have gotten a lot of compliments and I always keep my business cards handy.

The bag was made using 4 shirt pockets, black and red cherry cotton lining, red cotton inside pocket, and shirt collars for the handles.






2 comments:

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Amanda, that purse with the cherries inside it gorgeous. I love it and would love to have one like it.

Jennifer
MondrysYknotShop.etsy.com