Having been up to my eye balls in spring cleaning dust, I decided to search a bit further and locate other programs for recycling household goods. Here are some great programs:
- CALL TO PROTECT program "enables people to retire their wireless phones in a manner that will help the environment and raise funds for national organizations working to end partner violence. Funds generated through CALL TO PROTECT collections have provided grants totaling over $3.5 million to agencies leading the campaign against domestic violence."
- New Eyes for the Needy appreciates donations of: plastic eyeglasses, reading glasses and sunglasses in good condition; metal eyeglasses in any condition; hearing aids; pairs of prescription lenses; watches, silver and gold jewelry, and costume jewelry; silverware and giftware; dentures with gold inlays.
- Have any old suitcases? Why not donate them to http://www.suitcasesforkids.org/ . This organization provides suitcase to kids in foster care who need them most.
- Old Phone books? Send them back to the yellow pages!
- Foam packing peanuts! http://www.epspackaging.org/info.html
- Recycle all your non rechargeable batteries here.
Do you know of a 'not so normal' item to recycle? leave a comment and tell us how.