Monday, June 1, 2009

Pinch Me! I Must Be Dreaming....

*I was going to wait to post this but I just
couldn't wait any longer so here you go =)



In March, Lark Books released their new book "Craft Challenge: Dozens of Ways to Repurpose a Pillowcase" Along with the new publication they were offering a contest to repurpose a pillowcase in a fun and unique way. This was right up my alley! I submitted my entry and waited patiently.

Here it is.........Modeled by my friend Sarah from http://mrsdstahl.etsy.com

Made from 2 30x30 IKEA pillowcases and red satin fabric.
Strapless with red belt accent and laced up back.
I am still debating whether to list it for sale. =)

A view from the back (I am modeling)

This is the FIRST dress I have ever made! So you could say I was in shock when I received an email from Beth, Editorial Assistant at Lark Books, announcing that I was one of the 3 lucky winners. I am still grinning from ear to ear!! I called my mother, father, brother, Sarah, and of course Jessie (she was my help and muse while sewing).

I can't wait to see who the other 2 lucky winners might be!
I am elated, overjoyed, and proud. I never imagined my work being loved let alone being good enough to be chosen as one of the winners...... I had to share it with you all. Thank you to those who keep pushing me forward when I take two steps back and thanks to Jen aka Sosorosey, for her blog post that started the whole thing =)




No comments: