Monday, April 14, 2008

Hello From Alaska .....I will be home soon.

My husband is away on a Temporary Duty Assignment (TDY) in Alaska. Every once in awhile he gets out and about and explores the beauty that is Alaska. Well up until tonight all I have been able to do is imagine all the fun he is having. I received a message from my hubby and here are the pictures he included


Stopping along the Seward Highway to grasp the beauty of the Pacific Ocean.


Another shot of the Ocean! - No idea who the guy is on top of that rock =)


Hubby took this picture of a few F-15s on the flight line.


Today he got to go to a Wildlife Refuge and these are the wonderful pictures he took


I guess this little guy thought Chris tasted good!


He couldn't get enough he had to continue with nibbling on his shirt =)


Big Buffalo came right up to the fence for an extra special close up.


and here is a group of Caribou grazing on the snow covered grass.


If you have never had the opportunity to see a moose here is a picture of a young moose with a bystander petting his head. An adult moose would tower over the person!! They are such a cool animal.

This is my husbands favorite picture so I saved it for last. When he came upon this brown bear he said he felt the way he looked "hung-over"

Thanks for sharing this with me.. I can't wait until we move to Alaska. This has been making me miss its true beauty!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's gorgeous up there!!

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Your apron was my favorite in the bunch! :D

Meg

ThePeachTree said...

All I can say is WOW. Wow. Really :)

Melissa--KunceKrafts said...

My best friend is going to Alaska in August---she grew up there....I am jealous!!! The pics are amazing!

Danelle (Indie Game Lover) said...

Man it is really pretty there! And I like cold so im jelous awsome pictures!